6.11.11

FROGS IN THE GARDEN

We have so many frogs in our garden
We have recently placed a large water wheel in our garden, as you can see by the photo, its still under construction, (but that is another story )-- a loooong story.

Our grand daughter Sarah and her little friend Jasmine enjoying some froggy friends. 




As a child l would play for hours with froggies .
l can remember so clearly, going back to when l was 10 years old. My parents, my 2 sisters and baby brother
 moved to a Town called Moe for 2 years, and the house had a small forest behind it, with little creeks  running through it.
We made friends with other children digging in the soft mud making little water furrows,collecting tadpoles in large glass fowlers jars Taking them home to watch them turning into frogs, then taking them back to the creek to begin the circle of life all over again.
The frogs were our pets, we would play frog races, or just group them together, in our water furrows as our families.
We only lived there for 2 years and then went back to Drouin in Gippsland.

25 years later l took my hubby and children back to show them where l had spent 2 of my happy childhood 
years
It was all gone- No trees,no frogs, all pulled down to make way for very small housing blocks with houses crammed side by side.
I must admit I cried, that is why I love frogs in my garden and l have taught my children and grand children not to be afraid of them, and to have a garden when they grow up. Full of bees, frogs, birds, ladybirds, etc, to keep our world alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...