30.9.11

MY NEW KIND OF ART -My Baby Seal

My baby seal was a new venture for me. - l always use oils or pastels -these have always been the mediums l have used.

Also my work has always been framed, costing me plenty. lt's time for a change!

A raised canvas that does not have to be framed is now very popular.They are also very inexpensive for an artist to buy, and likewise for the customer to buy when the painting is finished.

The new medium (paints ) now used are acrylic paints.- After l had bought my new canvas and new paints ,
(they are also a lot cheaper than buying oil paints ) it was time for me to get into action.

l chose to paint a baby seal as the colours are lovely and the seals eyes talk to me.
l know your not supposed to start with animals eyes, but l always do, and they definitely  do talk to you.

Now that my baby seal is finished, l can't help wondering if the painting will last like the framed oils have over the centuries. - Time will tell !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...