2.4.12

APRIL FOOLS DAY -- 1ST of APRIL

When hubby came home he said "What have you been up to to-day "
I said " Actually I have been arranging my tombstone
He looked at me with shock, horror, so of course I had to say,
BIG APRIL FOOL
(To-day is APRIL the 1st --APRIL FOOL'S DAY )
But I wasn't fibbing, I was finding a new spot for my small garden tombstone.
I think it is quite humorous, or maybe I have a weird sense of humour  can you read it, it says

ON THIS SITE
IN
1875

NOTHING
HAPPENED

 THERE COMES A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE HERE  AFTER AND MAKE A WILL !
We gathered our 4 children together to discuss this delicate subject.

Our oldest son Rodd would not even talk about it, saying you both have years to go yet.
So we dropped the subject and the discussion for another time.

A few months later Rodd said " What would you like for your Birthday Mum "

As Rodd was going to Shepparton (where I had a layby ) I asked him if he could pick it up for me, and that could be my birthday present.
Women are a lot more curious than men, I would have said
"Whats in the parcel , I'm longing to see it" but he, of course didn't ask.
When my Birthday came around he handed me my parcel

I said " Rodd, this is beautiful, I now have my own little Tombstone."
There was a lot of laughter that day as everyone knows Rodd hates to talk about Death?

It wasn't April Fools Day either.
How did April Fools Day come about ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...