7.6.11

A JOURNEY TO THE ORCHARD

My husband took me to a friends orchard to pick some delicious Pink Lady apples.
Late autumn pruning had just been completed, this entails removing the leaves from the top of a bunch of apples as they need the light to ripen.
The rows of apple trees were a glorious sight as the leaves had started to turn into their autumn colour with many leaves already showing their display on the ground below. 
Of course my camera goes everywhere!
Walking along the rows with my precious apples in my hands, l spotted an abandoned birds nest and then another.

l bought them home and placed them in the branch forks of my trees and I know my my grandchilden will love them. l was surprised to find bits of plastic and nylon string in them.
lt will soon be winter and the trees will be bare so we have to enjoy the moment now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...