21.4.11

CROWSVILLE-MY VEGIE GARDEN

My husband and I recently decided to build a raised vegetable garden. 
As we are getting older and the world is so unorganic l think it is needed. 
We needed bricks for the raised borders. Seeing an add in our local newspaper for 300 bricks for sale we purchased them quite cheaply. 
They added to the bricks we already had and we started to construct. After all my hubbys ancestors did build Rome!


After we had finished (with a compost bin down one end) it seemed enormous. Slowly our compost bin started filling with fallen leaves, grass clippings, vege peels and dirt from another section we had paved. 
Then our wonderful oldest son brought us 2 trailer loads of dry cow manure.

l have called this area CROWSVILLE.
As it is on the side of our house and not seen, I made a sign in our main back area pointing to the vegie garden. My husband made the sign and l glued on the small pebbles (only costing $2 to $3 a pot)

The next step was to figure out where I could find a look-a-like crow.

A store called 'Cheap as Chips' had these life size crows for only $6 each and all I had to do now was make a scarecrow. My mother gave me 2 comical tin crows on the end of a skewered rod and the garden started to take shape.
I am currently painting a large wall behind the vegie garden practically the same as a picture l found in a book

-l love it-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...