21.4.11

MY GLASS BALL BUOYS

Sometimes at garage sales (car boot sales) you can find some real treasures.
I was happy to find 3 old green glass balls called bouys. They were covered and linked together with old thick net rope. In my mind l could see them bobbing around in the sea for probably 60 yrs.


 My husband and brother have recently built a large construction over our B.B.Q. area to which we roped our precious balls across.
They looked great with the sun shining through them until one morning l came out to see one of my precious green balls shattered on the pavers as the rope had eroded away. 
I didn't know what to do with my remaining 2 balls to keep them safe. Meanwhile I have also found another buoy ball in a beautiful amber colour in an antique shop, so l now have 3 once again.

l decided to place them in a pot for somewhere to put them and they looked at home in this large terracotta colored pot. My large yucca plant lives in this pot with seashells scattered all around the base amongst my balls. 
The only problem l could see was my darling grandchildren playing catch with these glass balls and getting hurt. 
My hubby had a brilliant idea . He took the shells out, placed some marine ply wood at the base of the plant and glued the balls to it. We then covered them with shells again and " Viola!" 
They look great and are now secure and safe.


Our beachy garden is around our pool so it needs to look forever green, bright, and colourful which is difficult in our area because of winter frosts.
l love my hibiscus's, oleander's and roses of course.

 

We also have enormous camellia bushes which are forever green.
l know these plants aren't traditionally classified as tropical but they are forever green with bright flowers and I'm very happy with the way they look around the BBQ and pool area.

1 comment:

  1. Treasure your 🔮 glass balls they are a gift from the sea! So glad you found a new way to display them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...