10.4.11

SWAN COLLECTION

My grand daughter came to stay for 3 days. 
She is teaching me to skype and blog and has so much patience.
The swan earrings she is wearing are just exquisite.



They made me think of my beautiful swan collection.
l think my love of swans started when I was very small as my favourite story book was The Ugly Duckling. He turned into a magnificent swan of course.


Most of my Swan Collection came from the 1940's era. They must have been very in vogue then. I have 2 large ( to die for ) old swan paintings.

At the time I bought these, my daughter had an Antique Shop so l had great fun going to the Clearing Sales and Antique Estate Auctions with her. 
I was overjoyed when l bid and won these 2 paintings.

I have a life size black swan in my garden. It isn't real of course, it's a ceramic mold that I painted in one of my art classes.
Swans mate forever and are protective loving parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...